ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Moving to London, frequent flyer program strategy

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Ryanz66, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Ryanz66

Ryanz66 Reader

Hi,

I might be moving to London for 2 years (maybe longer) next year. I’m EP with AA right now. Should I keep my AA elite program or should I join another one like the BA executive program. If the latter, which program would you recommend?

thanks,
    Ryan

2. OCTinPHL

OCTinPHL Well-Known Member

Where will most of your 2021 / 2022 travel be? Back to the US for work? For family? Will you be traveling intra-Europe? Who will be paying?

If you are going to be flying intra-Europe, I’d join BA and shoot for elite status there. If the bulk of your trips are back to the US and on your own dime, I may keep AA EXP for the SWUs.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

And don't forget that to keep any kind of AA status you'll need at least 4 segments on AA metal.

4. RTBones

RTBones Active Member

As the others have said - it largely depends on your flying plans for the next two years. There's nothing wrong with sticking with AA as its OneWorld, so long as you remember what MidSouth says - you'll need 4 segments on AA metal. That could be something as simple as 1 or 2 trips back to the US a year.