ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

My airline went bankrupt

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Patrick P., Oct 7, 2019.

1. Patrick P.

Patrick P. Reader

I had booked a round trip flight from Punta cana to Paris cdg and back with XL airways.
    i currently find myself in europe and my return flight to punta cana was booked for the 3rd of november. now the airline went belly up and they have ceased all flights. i wanted to know is there anything i could possibly do to get my money reimbursed or at least a fraction of it? i used an american express debit card for the purchase on the cheapoair website. and what can i do for my return flight? pleaseee help.

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

hi Patrick, have you contacted cheapoair? I would start there and then follow up with AmEx to see what protections they can offer. I would also Google XL airways rescue flights to see what is being offered by other airlines or countries for their citizens. You could also reach out to your consulate to see if there are any options. Tough situation--good luck! Hope you make it back OK.

rickyw likes this.