ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Name on credit card different to passport

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Matt B, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Matt B

Matt B New Member

Hi All,

I've got a new credit card recently - the product is good but the staff are woefully bad. Despite insisting on photocopies of my passport and ID card (scans were not good enough - it had to be photocopies) they have put the wrong name on my credit card. They also made a few other significant mistakes.

My credit card name reads: 1st name (1 letter missing), 2nd name (No family/surname)

Am I going to get in trouble if use this card to book flights? I have, on several occasions, been told that my credit card will be checked at the airport - but it never is. Will anybody even care?!

I haven't insisted on them changing it because dealing with them is painful and I'm not sure what difference it really makes.

Thanks!

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

I would get it changed. Sooner or later you are going to run into trouble with such a significant discrepancy like your last name completely missing.

MidSouth Skier likes this.
  3. Aviator

Aviator New Member

Which company is this, @Matt B ?

4. Matt B

Matt B New Member

Standard Chartered. I have another credit card which I normally use for flights anyway, but I thought I would ask...

5. David W

David W Well-Known Member

I'd change it, though some banks dont put full names on cards anyway.

In your case, your name is at least partially on the card, versus say, John Smith in your passport and your credit card showing Homer Simpson.

rickyw likes this.