ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

New credit card

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Liv, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Liv

Liv Reader

Hi Ben,

In the past I had a couple credit cards and always paid the full sum on time. For quite some time I lived overseas and didn't have a US cc. Upon my return to the US I had to make a secure cc to establish credit. Now that I no longer need it I would like to apply for one or two credit cards. I expect to travel overseas at least once a year so cheap air fare is my goal.

I'm utterly bewildered by the science of choosing a cc. Can you help me choose?

Thanks!

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

The first step to consider is how do you plan to use any points you may earn? For example, if you're looking for airline miles, which airline would you fly most frequently - or are you saving up for a big trip? Similar question about hotel points.