ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Inflight Experience / Seating New news on TK 787-9 Business Seat Chart

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JayDee, Mar 14, 2019.

1. JayDee

JayDee Reader

Looking at your seat chart posted Oct 25th I have a question for you. We just redeemed United miles for 2 seats flying business from MEX-IST on 26Aug. I called Turkish right away to get seat assignments. The agent only offered rows 2DG, 4DG and 6DG as seats together. Thinking these were NOT married middle seats, I asked her if we could rather have 3EF or 5EF. She went on to explain these seats do not even exist on the 787-9 aircraft and the only seats on these rows were only window seats, NO MIDDLE SEATS AT ALL! What is your take on this? I would assume the agents just are not familiar with the aircraft/seat chart or Turkish does not have the correct seat chart loaded yet. To be safe I went ahead and reserved 2K/3K until we could find out for sure what rows will have the "married" middle seats. What is your take on this now that we are into March?

FYI for your readers, MEX-IST-MEX is still showing good award availability up front late summer/early fall.

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

It's also possible the agent misunderstood your question, and maybe those seats were already taken by other passengers?

3. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Another possibility is that since you booked with United miles, not all seats are available to you. I see this when I book Qantas flights using AA miles - I'm the first person to book a business class seat yet I only have a very limited number of seats to choose from.