ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Great Fares / Hot Deals New QR Policy

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by HB7, May 21, 2020.

1. HB7

HB7 Reader

Hi All,

I wanted to check something - since QR has implemented the 14 day rule on this policy as well as new flights having to be booked in the same booking class, this has effectively completely changed the game right? I was looking at booking from CDG or ARN to BKK/SIN/HKG and then changing it to Melbourne or Sydney.

When looking at fares from CDG and ARN to BKK, HKG and SIN, I can find really decent prices for Saver Business Class tickets, however when I do a search from CDG and ARN to Sydney and Melbourne as an example, around the same dates, I can only see Value and Flexi fares - no saver fares. So this policy would be no use to me right?

Also, if I were able to find the same class now, there is a good chance that those seats will be gone after 14 days right?

2. rickyw

rickyw Well-Known Member

Yes, it's much more of a gamble now to intentionally book, unfortunately.

You could book your trip, and if the same booking class isn't available, you theoretically could always wait until the last possible moment to change and hope that availability opens up. If it doesn't, you can always take the credit or bonus voucher.

But yes, the game has changed.