ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Not receiving OMAAT emails

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Ans, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Ans

Ans New Member

Lucky ,
    I have not received any travel e-mails since Jan 5-6 2020.
    Ans

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

Welcome @Ans, you're not alone. I saw Lucky send a tweet to MailChimp reporting an issue with people not receiving emails. Perhaps @Tiffany has an update.

3. Tiffany

Tiffany One Mile At A Time

Yep, we're working on it. Changing to an entirely new email delivery system is time-consuming (and shockingly expensive), but we're hoping to have it back up in the next day or so.

Fortunately, it's just the courtesy email recap that is down, not the blog itself, which would be a much bigger headache!

Gaurav likes this.
  4. jimravello

jimravello New Member

I have been getting OMAAT blog for several years now and the last one I received was 6 January?

Regards,

James Caso
    jimravello

5. MidSouth Skier

Yes, @jimravello - see Tiffany's response from earlier today. Old system just wasn't cutting it anymore so they're moving to a new one and it takes a bit of time.

6. Brad1847193

Brad1847193 Reader

I was receiving a daily email digest, now I am getting an email for each post, how do I go back to the daily digest?

7. Tiffany

Gimme a bit, it's supposed to be a daily digest, but...

8. Bamavicki

Bamavicki Reader

Lucky, I am a former travel agent who used to sell luxury travel. I accrued many points post 9/11 attaining status on multiple airlines, so was able to experience a lot of 1st/business class travel. I've enjoyed reading your blog the last few years living vicariously since I haven't flown in a long time. In the last week I have been inundated with individual article emails instead of the "Update" ones. I will be forced to unsubscribe if this does not change. Please look into this.

9. Tiffany

I assure you, none of it is intentional. Our existing email service canceled our account for no reason on Monday night, with no notice or communication. We didn't realize until Wednesday, and then it's taken some time to find a new provider, set things up, move people over, figure out how to adjust settings as none of these systems work the same way, etc. We'll get it back to how it was as soon as we can, and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

10. MidSouth Skier

@Tiffany, wonder if it would be a good idea for Ben to have a short post about this so that folks who don't come to this section to follow up on posts - or even know this section is here - will find out about the issues y'all have been having.

Tiffany and rickyw like this.
  11. Tiffany

We talked about it, but the problem is that the people who subscribe to the newsletter typically don't come to the blog naturally, so not sure it would have helped much. We have notes at the top of the newsletter now that it's going back out which explain.

rickyw and MidSouth Skier like this.
  12. chanke

chanke New Member

Has this issue been fixed yet because I still am not receiving the daily newsletter.

13. Leslie G

Leslie G New Member

Have you considered Constant Contact for email?

14. dander

dander New Member

I am still not getting the daily emails.

15. Tiffany