ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

One million miles in Alaska's FF program

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kelley P, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Kelley P

Kelley P Reader

Hi Ben,

I saw a recent article you did on the benefits that Delta gives to those who accrue a million miles in their frequent flyer program. And I know on American once you cross the million mile threshold you're Gold for life. Does Alaska do anything similar? I couldn't find anything on their website to answer that question (or maybe it's buried).

Thanks.

2. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

3. Kelley P

Kelley P New Member

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

Most Million Miler programs (with the exception of DL) only count flown miles towards their qualification. DL allows status miles (MQM) earned through card spend towards million miler status.

5. Kelley P

Kelley P New Member

American also allows miles earned through card spend to count toward million miler status. I know that one first hand.... :)

6. MidSouth Skier

MidSouth Skier Well-Known Member

They used to but don't any longer. My dad is a 2 MM from all the stuff he bought for his office back in the day. Now he never flies them.

Gaurav likes this.
  7. Kelley P

Kelley P New Member

Ooooohhhhh..... That's a bummer! I didn't realize they'd stopped doing this. Lucky for me I got the lifetime Platinum before they stopped. I find they're a lot easier to get award tickets on than Alaska, which is the other airline I've accumulated miles on.