ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Paying taxes does not count towards minimum spend for Hilton Aspire card bonus

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jade, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Jade

Jade Reader

After several chat sessions and phone calls over the past couple of months, I'm finally told that paying over $6k in federal taxes did not count towards meeting the minimum spend for the Hilton Aspire bonus.

I've been disputing this for the last couple of days, based on conversations in the chat log below and because there is no mention of this in the T&Cs. The last agent I spoke with today told me that the issue has been escalated and my chats would be analyzed. Then, he tells me to call back in a few weeks to see if the issue was resolved because no one would be reaching out to me since the decision has been left to the "back office".

Has this happened to anyone else? What was the outcome?

2. Luis

Luis Active Member

This makes no sense. There is no reason why it wouldn't count. The only spend that doesn't count would be the card's annual fee.