ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Credit Cards Product Change for CSP

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jeff_Chico, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Jeff_Chico

Jeff_Chico New Member

I've read recently that if I've had the CSP for less than a year, the only way I can do a product change is by downgrading to the CS. And then from there, I'm able to PC to other Chase products, such as the CSR (?)

I'm not sure if this is true, but my questions is this: Is there a way to PC a CSP (that I've had for less than a year) to a CSR? And also, If you do PC to a CSR, do you also still have to be approved for a $10k credit line due to it being a Visa Infinite card?

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

Thanks for the insight!

2. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

My understanding is that you should be able to product change and that the 10k is the minimum credit line. Any particular reason you don't want the bonus?

Jeff_Chico likes this.
  3. Jeff_Chico

Jeff_Chico New Member

Hi @Gaurav -- thanks for chiming in again!

I mean, of course I want the bonus. My main worry is being able to hit the MS to even get the bonus (enter creative & legal MS spend strategies). Ideally, what I'd like to potentially do, is PC to the CSR for the potential $600 travel credit, then PC back to the CSP/CS after next year (unless I really feel the CSR is worth keeping in the immediate future). I'd then apply for the FU for everyday spend (which would put me at 4/24), and save that last pull for a time when I feel I could meet the MS of the CSR, and apply for the bonus then, and downgrade the CSP to F, or another Chase card (thoughts and/or suggestions are welcome).

Seem legit? Thoughts?

Thanks,
    J

4. Gaurav

Gaurav Well-Known Member

There is no guarantee that the sign up bonus on the CSR will stay where it is now. In fact most people would bet money that in a year from now we will not be seeing a 100,000 point UR bonus on the card. Of course you should only do what you are comfortable with but you should take a closer look at MS. It doesn't necessarily have to be something crazy. You could just stock up on things and services you use anyways. Gift cards to your favorite restaurants, pre-paying utility bills, rent/mortgage through plastiq etc.