ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 107

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Todd, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Todd

Todd Reader

Thanks, Lucky. Could you remind me of the strategies (what types of mileage accounts, when and how many seats are usually made available, etc.)?

I have plenty of AA, Alaska, and BA miles, so that should cover Cathay unless they require their own miles.

For Singapore, I have plenty of United miles, but that won't help with the Suites, right? I have about 91K Amex Membership Rewards points I could transfer to KrisFlyer, but I think we need 107.5K miles for each ticket, iirc, minus the 15% discount for booking online. Is that right? If so, since neither of us is eligible for any more Amex bonuses for a while, what are your recommendations for amassing enough KrisFlyer miles in the next 12-15 months?

Thanks!

Todd

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Todd -- KrisFlyer is transfer partners with ThankYou, SPG, Ultimate Rewards, and Membership Rewards, so lots of opportunities for accruing those points. They do sometimes release two seats in Suites Class in advance, and it is indeed 107,500 miles minus the 15% discount. Alaska and American miles could be redeemed for Cathay Pacific.