ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 108

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by nikdro, Jan 6, 2015.

1. nikdro

nikdro Reader

Lucky, if I were to sign up for the amex platinum card now, is there any way I could squeak out 2 airlines credits, 1 this year and 1 in 2016, before canceling and getting hit with the annual fee next year? I'm wondering if I could do the spend within the first few days of the year next year and then cancel, or this year if I possibly didn't activate the card after I get it until February? I'm interested in getting it now for the 100,000 point signup bonus that is out there.

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ nikdro -- If you get the card now you can absolutely do a fee credit now and then again the first week of January of next year. Shouldn't be an issue.