ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 112

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Randall, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Randall

Randall Reader

Ben, So ahh do you ever use your AARP discount anywhere else besides BA? As in a restaurant? Just wondering what kind of incredulous looks you get and if they even accept it. I just signed up last month to take advantage of a lucrative Schwab offer, I'm not as young as you, but I certainly don't look 50. I'm also really frugal and don't like paying more than I have to.

Also, can I can cancel a BA award (on American) within 24 hours of departure? Do I have to call in within that 24 hour window?

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Randall -- Within 24 hours you can't get the Avios of a BA award refunded anymore, but rather can only get the taxes refunded. As far as the AARP discount goes, have only used it for BA flights. Hah.