ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 114

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Calvin, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Calvin

Calvin Reader

Hey Lucky, --

We met at FTU DC last month! Quick question: I'm finding availability for First Class (through BA's website) on CX HKG-LAX on Friday Jan 9th, but AA agents cannot see it. They see available seats on other days and other routes, but not HKG-LAX on Jan 9th. Is this a normal problem? And is there a way around it? I reserved a seat for Jan 8th just in case, but I would really prefer to spend some more time in HKG if at all possible. Any help is appreciated!

Calvin

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Calvin -- Did you try checking space on the JAL site as well? It could be phantom space:
    http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2014/02/27/phantom-cathay-pacific-award-space/