ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 117

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ernest, Jan 6, 2015.

1. ernest

ernest Reader

Hey Ben,

I do have a questions about eligible stays and eligible nights on Hyatt Gold Passport. To reach into Diamond Status, we have to get 50 night or 25 eligible stays. Is the free 2 night stays from Chase CC count toward that 50 night? And what if I purchase the hotel through 3rd party, such as expedia or hotel.com, does it count to 50 nights or the 25 eligible stays? And last question is when I redeem the hyatt gold passport point for a free stays, does it count as well? My understanding is Hyatt Gold passport point will not expire as long as we have any activity within 24 months? Am I correct? Thank you

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ ernest -- Nope, the free nights through the credit card don't count as qualifying nights, and neither do third party bookings. And you're correct about expiration policy.