ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 120

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by SG, Jan 6, 2015.

1. SG

SG Reader

Heya Lucky,

What can I do on a US DM ticket when a flight is cancelled? Travel hasn't started yet and i've just been moved to the next flight, which causes an overnight and missing the majority of the first day of my trip. I'm looking at other availability options to find something better before I call them and was wondering if US just revalidates the ticket with what I find or they start redoing taxes, fees, fuel surcharges, looking at MPM etc.
    Thanks
    S

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ SG -- It all depends on the agent you get, what the alternatives are, etc. In theory they'll usually let you stretch the routing a bit if there's a schedule change, as there isn't a hard and fast rule.