ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 121

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Trevor, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Trevor

Trevor Reader

Hi Lucky, I have a question regarding "phantom" AA award availability. I wanted to book a first class trip for two from JFK - HKG next week on Cathay Pacific. BA, JAL, and Qantas all show two seats available for this particular flight, but when I call AA, they are only able to see one first class seat. This has actually happened with two separate flights that I have tried to book in the past week (and I have called several times regarding each of the two flights to confirm it wasn't an agent issue). Have you ever seen it happen where ALL the partner websites show different availability than AA? Have you heard of AA restricting Cathay First availability? Thanks in advance.

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Trevor -- That's very odd. I've seen that a few times before, but it's definitely the exception rather than the rule. I'm afraid there's not really a solution, but sometimes there are just anomalies. Always be sure to at least try calling a few times to make sure it's not agent error.