ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 1293

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by LeoLeo, Mar 21, 2015.

1. LeoLeo

LeoLeo Reader

Hi, Ben
    My parents and I are gonna fly AA in May and we need to check 2 bags. I have a US Airways Premier World MasterCard, but I obviously cannot check bags for free on AA, because it's only free on domestic US Airways-operated flights.
    But the new Aviator Red MasterCard allows me to check one eligible bag free of charge when traveling on domestic itineraries operated by US Airways or American Airlines, and we know that US Airways Premier World MasterCard will be replaced by the Aviator Red MasterCard.
    Do you know when I can start check my first bag for free on AA? When they combine, or when I receive my new card? If I purchase the ticket today, can I check my first bag for free on AA after they combined? or after I receive my card?
    Thank you.

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ LeoLeo -- I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the perk should kick in once the programs are integrated, which is soon.