ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 1300

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Robert, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Robert

Robert Reader

Hello Lucky,

This is more of a general "tip" than a question, but I just got an email from Virgin America and it looks like they no longer charge fuel surcharges on award tickets with Virgin Australia which is a huge savings. I recently tried to book a ticket from LA to Brisbane using my Elevate points, and a one way ticket would cost over $450 in fees (which was also more than they originally listed online) which wasn't worth it for me. But now the one way "Taxes & Carrier Imposed Fees" are only $40, while the round trip fees are only $130.

Now I can't wait to use my Elevate points for Virgin Australia's new business class next year.

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Robert -- Thanks so much for the heads up!