ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 1304

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Riley, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Riley

Riley Reader

Hi, Ben! One of my longest held credit card accounts is the Chase United card. I used to be a 1K with United, but didn't even fly with them once last year (I fly American/OneWorld 99% of the time). I rarely use the card, but haven't closed it because you've taught me it can be a hit to my credit. Is it possible to convert this card to another Chase product that collects Ultimate Rewards? I'd like to be able to keep the credit history AND turn this into a useful card. Thank you!!!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Riley -- Yep, while you'll miss out on the sign-up bonus, you should be able to convert this to another product. I'd recommend calling them and seeing what the options are.