ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 135

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kai, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Kai

Kai Reader

Hi Lucky, I have a question about award availability from a specific outbound location. I'm trying to look for a J ticket from PVG or HGH to MLE. I was able to find availability from PVG to MLE, but has struck out at finding one from MLE back. I tried JAL, BA, and Qantas. The Qantas search was interesting in that, I wasn't even able to put in MLE as a starting location. And when I did use the RT search, the CX600 listed only showed Economy in its column, even though CX600 has J cabin. Does airline block award from a specific outbound location? Thanks!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Kai -- Hmmm, you should be able to search it in the other direction as well, and they don't block space on that route as far as I know. Have you tried just searching through Cathay Pacific's website? They should be better about displaying space on their own metal. In this case it sounds like there just might not be availability, though.