ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 149

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Keya, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Keya

Keya Reader

Hi Ben

I'm travelling to NYC in a few weeks time and its my first time to the states in almost 10 years. I have a query regarding an AA domestic flight between JFK-MCO. I've purchased Economy seats through my TA (Main Cabin they're called I guess), now :

1. How do I select Main Cabin Extra seats ? Can this be done online through manage the booking or similar option on AA ? Or can this not be done now that the ticket has been issued.

2. Does AA offer last minute (or in the last few days) upgrade option to First Class. For example I paid 300 USD for my return ticket where as the same ticket in First Class is available for 700 USD but I don't wanna pay anything over 500 USD in total for the ticket. So my question is that if there's availability on the day of the flight, can upgrades be purchased at cheaper rates or are the seats offered to Elite level FFs of AA ?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Keya -- You should be able to purchase a Main Cabin Extra seat if you pull up your reservation online. They do sometimes offer paid upgrades day of, but only after all upgrades have cleared. So if there are still a few seats for sale day of, there's a chance you'll be offered an upgrade at check-in.