ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 178

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Todd, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Todd

Todd Reader

Hey Lucky,

I was wondering if this applies to me too -- you recently recommended using AA or Alaska miles for First Class on Cathay to get from Seattle to Singapore... would I have the same problem as David? Could you perhaps clarify redemption rules to other parts of Asia on Cathay?

Also, you had mentioned AA or Alaska miles as possibilities; how about BA Avios? Would they not work for some reason or just a bad deal?

Thanks,
    Todd

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Todd -- You'd be fine. Singapore is in Asia 2, which is the same region as Hong Kong, so the connection would be fine. BA Avios could work, but it's not a good deal. They'd charge more than double as many miles as American.