ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 192

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Matt, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Matt

Matt Reader

I am Gold on US Airways and am thinking of booking a codeshare that is marketed by American by operated by US Airways. Will I be able to select preferred seating and be eligible of upgrades per the US Airways upgrade policy? The motivation for doing this instead of booking the flight through US Airways directly is that I want to bring my wife along on a business trip and I can expense my flight but not hers. I think the easiest way to do this would be to buy an AA gift card for one ticket and then use that plus a credit card to pay for the two tickets, in order to keep them on one PNR. But I want to be sure to at least be able to get preferred seating. What do you think, Lucky, would that work?

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Matt -- I could be mistaken, but I believe the flight has to be marketed and operated by US Airways to be eligible for an upgrade. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. You should still be eligible for priority seating, though.