ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 39

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Gerd, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Gerd

Gerd Reader

Lucky, thank you for your report on how to earn AA Executive Platinum using the US Airways Challenge! I have done that and expect the 8 AA SWU in the second quarter when AA and US merge. If I flew 100.000 miles this year, would I receive another 8 AA SWU (valid until Feb 2017)? If yes, does it matter if I credit the miles to AA or US? I would prefer US since I have got the Chairman status but I wonder if I can receive 8 AA SWU for flying 100.000 miles this year in addition to the 8 AA SWU from the AA/US merger? Thank you for your insights!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Gerd -- If you requalify then you would indeed earn eight systemwide upgrades for the following year. It doesn't matter which airline you credit to, as mileage totals will be combined in the second quarter.