ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 40

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kenny, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Kenny

Kenny Reader

We recently spent a weekend in Paris, and I used my Chase Sapphire Preferred for all spend since there are no foreign transaction fees. I am noticing after getting my statement that quite a few places were not given the dining / travel bonus even though they were at restaurants or for transportation. Do you have any experience requesting a correction to the dining/travel bonus points awarded, or is it just black and white, that if a place is not on their list for either, they do not award the points? Either way, I intend to contact Chase to ask about each item under question.

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Kenny -- It's all based on how the establishment chooses to classify themselves. It can't hurt to call Chase and ask if they'd be willing to credit the difference for those transactions, but unfortunately it is all based on how the restaurant chooses to code. For example, even in the US some restaurants use Square to process their transactions, which wouldn't qualify as dining spend.