ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 41

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Norman, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Norman

Norman Reader

Hi Ben,
    I am taking 2 13hr + flights back to back. Thanx to this wonderful blog I will be flying business class and will have a few hours in transit in AUH business class lounge. How do combat jet lag and how do occupy your self on the flight when a) there is no wifi, and b) There is no bar?
    All the best, Norman

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Norman -- Sounds like a great trip! Overcoming jetlag is all a function of where you're flying to/from and what time of day you depart/arrive, so it's tough to provide too many general tips there.

As far as entertaining yourself on longhaul flights goes, I'd try to get lots of sleep, and bring your own entertainment (be it a book or iPad with TV shows). I always bring an entire season of a TV show I want to see, which will keep me entertained. But ultimately I do what I can to sleep as much as possible on flights without wifi.

Nowadays I find that time flies on longhauls (no pun intended), so they don't feel nearly as long as they used to.

Enjoy the trip!