ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 427

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by deetz32, Jan 22, 2015.

1. deetz32

deetz32 Reader

Hey Lucky,

I've got 2 questions that are somewhat related... I'm shortly going to be relocating from overseas to the San Francisco Bay Area. I will be staying in the "Marriott TownePlace Suites" in Newark/Silicon Valley for up to a month.

Q1. Considering the recent changes to airline award programs, which airline/frequent flyer program do you think I should focus on (I mostly want to fly business/first to Europe, the Americas, Australia and around the USA)?

Q2. Which program do you think I should register my Marriott stay with (I'm not sure Marriott is such a great program)?

Thanks for the help!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ deetz32 -- Marriott Rewards is unfortunately your best option in terms of hotel programs. In terms of airlines, being in the Bay Area I think United might just be your best option in terms of their route network, unless you want to spend a lot of time connecting.