ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 428

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Octavio M, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Octavio M

Octavio M Reader

Hi Ben,

I just wanted to thank yu for the solid advice to your readers. Thanks to your tips and info, I have been able to book a few amazing trips with several airlines.

I'm currently in Tokyo on a 7-day visit. I arrived on Tuesday from Chicago, and I had a wonderful travel experience with ANA (All Nippon Airways). I was the only passenger on first class and I experienced superb service. There were two flight attendants taking care of me, an they showered me with everything good ANA has to offer.

Confession time: the flight attendants asked me what I'd like to drink, and I chose Kruger. So they opened a bottle just for me, and I almost finished it during the first 3-4 hours of flight. Then I went to sleep a bit, and woke up about 4 hours before our scheduled arrival in Narita. One of the flight attendants asked if I would like some more Krug, to which I said yes. She said the previous bottle was flat so a new bottle would be opened. I was amazed they actually opened 2 bottles of the outstanding Krug champagne just for me! And I have to disclose that I finished the second bottle just before our final approach to Narita began. I toasted to you, Ben, for helping us readers score these great deals.

Thank you and keep up the good work!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Octavio M -- Hah, excellent job on the amount of Krug you consumed. And yep, pretty standard for them not to want to serve "flat" champagne on the better airlines. Happy you enjoyed it!