ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 436

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by jake, Jan 22, 2015.

1. jake

jake Reader

Hi Lucky,

Interesting note on BA fuel surcharges. This summer we have three F tickets from LHR to IAD and since we decided to spend time in Paris I did an itinerary change so it is CDG > LHR to IAD (same flight and didn't pull and then reinstate miles) we were refunded $25 each even after the $150 per ticket change fee. So fuel charges are about $175 less per person than they were 6 months ago. I'm sure you already knew this but it could make for an interesting post.

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ jake -- Thanks for the heads up! Suspect this may have more to do with the UK Air Passenger Duty rather than fuel surcharges, though:
    http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2011/08/23/understanding-the-uk-air-passenger-duty-and-how-to-minimize-it/