ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 44

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by ernest, Jan 3, 2015.

1. ernest

ernest Reader

Hey Ben,

I do have question about Hyatt Gold Passport lifetime status. They said that you have to spend at least $200,000 dollar or equal to a million point because of 5x point per dollar, and 10 years membership to get Diamond Lifetime. Yesterday I call the cs at Hyatt, and asking if we have an event at hyatt properties, will not count to lifetime status, we get the point and the bonus, but our spend will not count the lifetime status, is that correct? Thanks in advance

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ ernest -- Hmm, I think it depends if you're able to charge it to a room folio or not. I think if it's not part of a room charge then it wouldn't be eligible, while if it's charged to a room it would. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.