ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 55

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Ken, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Ken

Ken Reader

Hi Lucky,

Happy Nee Year!! I really enjoy reading your blog and would like to get a US credit card. However, I live in Australia without US SSN. I heard there's a way to get started with US debit card to build up my credit score and proceed on to credit card. Could you tell me which debit card to start with and how to move to credit card after that. My yearly income is 6 figure in AUD, do they take it consideration when I apply for credit card in the future?
    Thanks

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Ken -- Happy new year to you as well! Hmmm, that's news to me. Sorry, but I don't know of any way you can get US cards as an Australian, even if starting with a debit card. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.