ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 551

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Erik, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Erik

Erik Reader

Lucky,

Hope you are enjoying the trip with your mom! I have a question regarding hotel rewards. My "loyalty" is currently with Marriott, I stay at Marriott properties about 20-25 nights a year and I get Marriott Gold as I'm UA Plat. However, I'm considering switching to SPG properties. Do you think it's worth the switch? I know you value SPG points more than twice that of Marriott rewards(if i recall correctly), but switching to SPG properties would mean I will have no status.

I've stayed at Marriott properties for 5 nights this year already...not sure if it's worth sticking with it. I'm looking to use my hotel rewards at properties around southeast asia(mainly HKG), but as I was looking at redemption with Marriott properties...I don't have many options.

Apologies for the long email and thanks for your time. Safe Travels

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Erik -- To be honest if you're Marriott Gold I'd say they're a pretty good option. Marriott does have properties almost everywhere, so is tough to beat in terms of their global footprint. I might just stick with them in your shoes, as their mid-tier status is incredibly valuable.