ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 552

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by JG, Jan 28, 2015.

1. JG

JG Reader

My UA status allows me free redeposit of miles from award tickets, and I'm thinking about making a speculative international reservation for myself, wife, and <1 year old daughter. I know from Travis's post that we would need to pay ~10% of the regular premium cabin fare for my daughter to be a lap child. QUESTION: would this be refundable if we redeposit the miles? Is it a better idea to wait to tell UA about the lap child until we know we're making the trip?

I know I might really be in Ask Travis... Thanks!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ JG -- In your shoes I'd just wait to book the infant ticket when you know for sure you're going. It is refundable, but there's no advantage to booking it sooner rather than later.