ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 555

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Charles, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Charles

Charles Reader

Hey Lucky,

Just wondered if you could give me a rough estimate, from your experience, of how many miles it would take to do a around the world trip for two people in business class, starting west coast US on to Hawaii, New Zealand, couple stops in asia, middle east, europe and back again. Realize there can be many factors, but looking for a number to aim for as I plan a 10 year anniversary trip. :) Love love the blog...daily jealous reader :)

Charles

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Charles -- It would require many awards, so you're really just paying whatever the segment by segment amounts would be. Really can't give a good estimate there, but if you look at the award charts of the programs you may have miles with and where you want to go, you can get a better sense. If you want that many stops I think you're looking at 300,000+ miles per person in business class.