ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 559

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by matt s, Jan 29, 2015.

1. matt s

matt s Reader

Lucky - just wanted to follow up with a big thanks for your recent suggestions and for all of your informative posts. It was your original post on best uses for Alaska miles that got me to sign up for the 50k and another 25k card last year. I used 15k miles to fly round trip from Anchorage to Kodiak Island last year on what would have been a pricey ticket otherwise.

Yesterday I pulled the trigger on my best award ticket to date. I booked first class Cathay Pacific Chicago to Hong Kong, stop for 6 days, then continue in business class to Johannesburg for 10 days (70,000 Alaska miles) and then decided to burn a bunch of my skymiles and found business class on Air France from Johannesburg to Paris (booked a 13 hour layover so I can explore the city briefly - last time was 1999) and then business class back to JFK ont he new 1-2-1 Business configuration.

Anyway - just saying thanks for the cumulative knowledge which helped me get these trips.

ps- I priced out my award ticket just for fun, and to book directly on Cathay and Delta would cost over $25,000. Just fun to see that number next to the $225 I spent.

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ matt s -- So thrilled to hear, thanks for the kind words. Those are some great redemptions you have planned. Enjoy!