ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 57

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by John, Jan 3, 2015.

1. John

John Reader

Hey Ben,

Cool blog. 2 questions about international hotel living:

- About what % can you negotiate from the best available rate (so called rack rate) for a long hotel stay?

- Is a kitchenette an absolutely must for you?

Happy travels!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ John -- A kitchenette isn't really important for me since I don't end up cooking. I find a hotel with a club lounge works just as well, since I can grab a snack or drink at any hour that way. I haven't actually negotiated any contracts with hotels, as I've just taken advantage of various promo rates. I think it all depends on what the hotel usually charges, who the sales manager is, how full the hotel is, etc. But in general it should be possible to get sizable savings if you stay for an extended period of time.