ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 59

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Abdel Rahim Abdallah, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Hey Lucky,
    I'm currently booking a ticket routed OAK-SEA-SFO. I don't have a mileage plan account and don't fly the airlines that credit to MP. Now, I found the same exact ticket with the same price but codeshared between AA and AS. It's the same ticket but with an AA booking ref, meaning that I would be able to credit it to AA or maybe even BA. (?)

1- Will I be able to credit it to AA or BA if I have an AA ref?
    2- What are the cons of having a codeshare ticket other than not being able to upgrade it?

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Abdel Rahim Abdallah -- You can absolutely credit to American, but I don't believe you can credit an American codeshare on Alaska to BA (someone correct me if I'm wrong). No real cons otherwise.