ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 60

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Bob, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Bob

Bob Reader

Lucky,

My honeymoon to South Africa is coming up next December, and the window for booking my tickets is about to open up. I'm hoping to do CY through HKG one way, ideally in F, using Alaska miles. Am I understanding correctly that I can make changes to Alaska partner tickets for free more than 60 days in advance? I'm seeing one F seat on a number of CY flights, but not two -- should I lock in one F and one J, and then switch for free if my flight opens up a second F seat (or if another flight opens up two)?

Additionally, hoping to do EY F using AA miles the other direction. I know this will price as two awards, but I have a ton of AA miles to spare and want to make this trip as epic as possible. Question: does AA have access to all available Guest Seats that I see on the EK website? Looks like they are consistently opening up two F seats on most flights to the USA ~319 days in advance.

Thanks very much!