ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 719

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Paul, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Paul

Paul Reader

Hey Lucky,

I need to fly to London and want to avoid the fuel surcharges. I was thinking of flying to Europe, then flying to London. I'm just wondering if it would be possible to book something like this on a one way award travel ticket?, eg Lufthansa NYC to MuC, spend 3 days in Munich, then fly to London. Then Coming back Fly from London to somwhere, spend 3 days then back to the US?

Are these stop overs still allowed anywhere? Would I have to call them up to do it, would it get me out of fuel surcharges?

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Paul -- Which miles are you trying to redeem? To clarify, fuel surcharges have nothing to do with London. There's a UK Air Passenger Duty, but that's the only thing directly related to flying to/from the UK:
    http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2011/08/23/understanding-the-uk-air-passenger-duty-and-how-to-minimize-it/