ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 720

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Chris, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Chris

Chris Reader

Hey Lucky…please bear with me in this really long question.

I need to get to Abu Dhabi sometime later this year and use etihad first class (AA miles) ..I have a few options:

1) WAS to LON (and then onwards A380) to AUH.
    2) WAS to JFK to AUH ( I say this because I saw you mentioned this is a better plane..is it only because of width or is the one flying from WAS an inferior first product?
    3) WAS to AUH (the most simple one) I am based in WAS.

The only reason I want 1 is because it seems amazing…but it is also contingent upon getting first class saver seats from WAS to LHR…(do you think its possible?) Let me know what you think!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Chris -- If you go with option one you'd pay fuel surcharges on British Airways, which I don't think is worth it. I would go with the nonstop. Etihad will eventually fly the A380 to New York, at which point it could be worth connecting there. That being said, the service hasn't yet been announced.