ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 75

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Kimberly, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Kimberly

Kimberly Reader

@Lucky: thanks, my unanswered questions are: I wouldn't have to pay any additional fee and AA cannot charge me additional fee since the first agent who helped me said that there would not be any additional fee, right?

If the award ticket is “On Request” status, does anyone can still see it as available in BA.com and grab the spot/availability? I do have the record locator for both AA and JAL, it just the status still "on request".

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Kimberly -- If it's "on request" the space should be confirmed in your record and not available to others. If you were told there shouldn't be a fee then there shouldn't be, but I'm also not sure what the problem was on their end to begin with, so hopefully you can get more answers when you call back. Good luck!