ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 87

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Antonio, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Antonio

Antonio Reader

Hello Sir,
    nice to find another airline/airport/travel enthusiast. Even though I have been to over 30 countries across 6 contents, I am a beginner compared to you. Your website is amazing and so are your tips. Thank you for being there.
    I have been with Delta for a long time as my preferred airline. United as a back up for destinations I cannot go on Delta. So, I became a bit disappointed with Delta's new earn your miles per tickets price policy as opposed to how it used to be, per miles flown. What is your two cents about this and how does this compare to United and American? Should I change loyalty?

Thank you,

Antonio

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Antonio -- Unfortunately both Delta and United both have revenue based programs now, whereby you earn redeemable miles based on how much you spend as opposed to how much you fly. American is the only one of the three "major" airlines that still awards miles based on how much you fly, so they might be worth considering.