ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 872

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Sarah, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Sarah

Sarah Reader

Hi Lucky.

I know looking for award flights from/to Australia is extremely difficult however when I have looked at both AA and Qantas sites for January 2016 it just keeps saying error messages. Do you think this would be because they haven't been released yet even though it is less than the 331 days? Is there any other airlines that would be worthwhile possibly purchasing points as we have no way to obtain them with credit cards?

Thanks

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Sarah -- Alaska miles could be worth purchasing, since they let you route to Australia via Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific. There shouldn't be an error message if there's not availability and you're within 331 days.