ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 874

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Dan, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Dan

Dan Reader

Lucky,
    I'm flying a family of four to Asia next month (as you heard about in my previous post) and we're flying business class the way out. However, for schedule reasons, I'd rather switch to having business class on the return segment (our current booking is J on JAL 1 and Y on UA 876), but there's no availability now. I can switch as soon as the seats open up, but is there any way to tell what the seat map looks like? I'd much rather fly in a window or aisle than a middle and that would change my opinion.
    Thanks,
    Dan

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Dan -- Sure, you should be able to do a "dummy" booking on the airline's website for the flight you're looking at and see if they have any aisle/window seats still available.