ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 93

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by DJ, Jan 6, 2015.

1. DJ

DJ Reader

Hi Ben,

Still loving your blog!

I have a question. I'm UK based and would like to visit Hawaii in the next couple of years. What advice would you give on getting there in business class?

I use the UK issued BA AMEX Premium Plus card which triggers a 241 voucher every year.
    I can accrue VS & BA miles quite easily.

Many Thanks

DJ

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ DJ -- Your best bet might just be to use the BA 241 voucher to get to as far on the US west coast as you can on BA metal (for example, as far as Seattle), and then from there booking a cheap paid ticket on an airline like Alaska. BA has a distance based chart, so you'd be charged extra for each segment. Alternatively, Virgin Atlantic partners with Hawaiian, so you can always use those miles to book that last segment.