ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 966

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Sach, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Sach

Sach Reader

Hi Lucky- love the blog! I would like to book Cathay F ex-NA right when the schedule comes out. I know my Alaska and AA miles are a good value but it seems there is a delay for when those seats come available compared to BA/Asia miles. Since I will be booking after the BA devaluation, would you recommend Asiamiles as my best option? Thanks!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Sach -- If you book right when the Alaska/American schedules open, you shouldn't have any trouble booking the space, in my opinion. I'd book through them given the substantially lower award rates and lack of fuel surcharges.