ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 991

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Jared leary, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Jared leary

Jared leary Reader

Hi lucky,
    How often does American Express and/or ultimate rewards offer transfer bonuses? I'm looking particularly at british airways and Virgin atlantic. I knew about the 40 percent ba avois transfer recently from Amex but didn't pull the trigger because I was unsure of my travel plans. I know now that I'm going to Europe in October 2015. Is it worth waiting for another transfer bonus or book now?
    Thanks in advance
    Jared

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Jared leary -- Ultimate Rewards almost never has transfer bonuses, while Membership Rewards seems to have them with some frequency. Historically we've seen them fairly often with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic, so I wouldn't be surprised if we saw one again soon. That being said, if you see good flights available now and don't have a lot of schedule flexibility, I might book ASAP.