ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 994

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by al, Mar 1, 2015.

1. al

al Reader

Ben,
    I am new to this so thank you for all your great advice. My wife and I have booked a 35 day cruise to NZ and Australia in Feb 2016. We both have enough Usair points to hopefully book business class on Cathay or similar. We don't return until late March 2016. Since I can't book til 335 days out does that mean I have to wait til late April to book entire trip or can I book trip outbound in March and return at same time even though return is over 335 days? Would I have better luck flying roundtrip to SYD out of JFK and booking another flight to AKL where cruise starts or should I book JFK-AKL and SYD-JFK? Thank you

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ al -- You could ticket the outbound when the schedule opens and then later pay a change fee to add the return, though keep in mind tickets are only valid for a year from the date of issue. In other words, all travel needs to be completed within a year of the date you originally issue the ticket. You should be able to fly into Auckland and then do an open jaw out of Sydney on the same award. Enjoy the trip!