ASK LUCKY (and each other)

Have a travel related question? Post it here, and I’ll do my best to answer it as quickly as possible.

Anyone can post a question, but you'll get the most benefit from registering to join our forum. You'll be able to see when your question is answered, and like comments from other users.

This space is intended to be more of a community as well, so feel free to jump in and share tips!

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Ben

Question 995

Discussion in 'questions. answers. conversations.' started by Alonso A., Mar 1, 2015.

1. Alonso A.

Alonso A. Reader

Hey Ben,

My wife will be doing 9 mileage runs in the next 40 days, which will get her Lifemiles' Gold Status. As we live in Peru, it is extremely hard to find cheap flights out of Lima. For our luck, there were ~USD100 fares from Costa Rica to Lima, rt. We purchased 8 of these and 1 positioning flight for the first and last legs of the whole adventure.

The big question and this comes with a little of fear, will authorities at any airport (SJO or LIM) give her any trouble as they will see her leaving and entering the country within hours? I am specially worried about Costa Rican authorities, since them banning her would mean this whole hassle would be for nothing. Do you know of anything that might have happened to other people? What should she do, should she warn them in her first arrival that she is doing this for the whole purpose of accruing miles and status and that she will be returning 8 other times? Can a country ban someone without a real reason? Please give us all the advice that you might have on this matter as we are a little nervous and she is departing for the first time in less than 24 hours.

Thanks!

2. Lucky

Lucky One Mile At A Time

@ Alonso A. -- I don't have any experience with those countries specifically, but I'd just recommend she be honest and transparent. As long as she does that I'm sure she'll be fine. Good luck to her!